CeraPlus™ skin barrier with Remois Technology* demonstrated to minimize transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and skin irritation compared to SenSura Mio Skin barrier.**1
When you remove an ostomy barrier, what else are you peeling away?
The CeraPlus™ skin barrier observed to be more effective than SenSura Mio skin barrier at protecting skin from the damage of adhesive removal1
Minimizing skin irritation
Protecting Skin From Damage
CeraPlus™ Skin Barrier
Helps maintain healthy skin from day one.
Ceramide-infused formulation helps protect against damage, dryness, and itching.
The CeraPlus™ skin barrier comes in a range of fit options including one-piece, two-piece, flat, firm convex, soft convex, tape border, and tapeless.
*Remois is a technology of Alcare, Co., Ltd.
**SenSura Mio is a trademark of Coloplast AJS and its affiliates.
- Grove G, Houser T. Sibbald G, Salvadalena G. Measuring epidermal effects of ostomy skin barriers. Skin Res Technol. 2019; 25:179-186. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30387538.
- Grove GL. Techniques for assessing the vulnerability and repair capacity of human skin in vivo. In: Kligman AM, Klemme JC, Susten AS, eds. Am J Ind Med. 1985; 8:483-489.
- Cutting RF. Impact of adhesive surgical tape and wound dressings on the skin, with reference to skin stripping. J Wound Care. 2008:17:157-162.
- Grove GL, Zerweck C, Houser T, Smith GE, Koski NL A randomized and controlled comparison of gentleness of two medical adhesive tapes in healthy human subjects. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2013; 40:51-59.
- Murayama RI, Taylor MG, Oamia J, Grove GL. Preliminary studies on the relationship among peel force, quantitative measures of skin damage and subjective discomfort. Skin Res Technol. 2008:14:478-483.
- Nybaek H, Lophagen S, Karlsmark T, Bang Knudsen D. Jemec GBE. Stratum corneum integrity as a predictor for peristomal skin problems in ostomates. Br J Dermatol. 2010; 162:357-361.
- Nichols T. Houser T, Grove G. Comparing the skin stripping effects of three ostomy skin barriers infused with ceramide, honey or aloe. J Stomal Ther Au. 2019: 39:14-18.